Historie firmy


pouze anglická verze

Egis

The company was established at its current headquarters in 1913 as the subsidiary of the Swiss company Wander. The company was nationalised in 1949, when seven smaller pharmaceutical factories were merged into the United Pharmaceuticals and Food Factory (EGYT). After 1968, this large state-owned company established extensive international contacts through its growing sales on foreign markets and an active license acquisition policy.

On December 31, 1991, the company was transformed into a state –owned company limited by shares.

At the end of 1993, the company’s share capital was raised through a private placement, with the London-based European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) acquiring a 30% stake. The state sold about half of its stake in EGIS through a stock exchange transaction in July 1995.By acquiring the EBRD’s 30% equity stake and 20.9% stake held by financial investors, the French pharmaceutical company Servier S.A. became the majority owner and strategic partner of EGIS Ltd. in December 1995. The principles of this strategic alliance have been defined under a co-operation agreement.


Egis

In 1970, the company opened a new factory in Körmend, which-through constant expansion-has become a major production site with a state-of-the-art tablet manufacturing and packaging plant and a computer-controlled warehouse. Since 1990, new investments have been implemented at the company’s new premises in Budapest (Bökényföldi út), which was purchased with the goal of expanding the company. New additions include an injections plant, biological research laboratory, computer-controlled warehouse and packaging plant. EGIS shares are listed on the Budapest Stock Exchange in category “A” of registered shares in July 1994. since that time, the company’s shares have been among the most highly traded securities.

On December 31, 1991, the company was transformed into a state –owned company limited by shares. At the end of 1993, the company’s share capital